Thursday, March 10, 2011

Sewing Day!

Wow, I can't believe the weekend is almost here again. This is what I did last weekend. My granddaughter, Reagen called and asked if we could have a sewing day. How could I refuse. My daughters aren't really interested in learing to sew so I love finally have someone to teach. A couple years ago I gave her this cute little sewing machine. It actually sews pretty well but is very slow. Even Reagen, a fairly unexperienced seamstress asked why my machine went faster than hers. Here she is concentrating on her project. She is making a rag quilt.



At first I was marking the X that she was sewing across each block then after a while she said she wanted to try it without marking...always like her grandma and just eye balling it...much faster that way. She actually did really well that way and left me free to work on something myself.

Here are a couple of her blocks showing her fabrics. If you look really close you can see the straight X's she made. She still has quite a few left to do but she is getting faster every time she sews and she will have them done in no time.

After a bit she got tired of sewing and changed to scrapbooking. She was decorating her school notebook. She is such a talented girl.

After a bit of scrapbooking she was back to sewing. I will keep you up on her progress. Great job Reag, can't wait until we do it again.




No comments:

Post a Comment