Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Alaska

I am so lucky to be able to be in Alaska this week. My boss at work gave me a trip to his family's lodge, Glacier Bay Country Inn in Gastavas, Alaska. I have been so excited to go all summer. I have to say it is beautiful and all the Lindbloms here have been so gracious. It was a long day traveling to get here but it has been so worth it. Today I took a day and just hung out and rested. I met Lesli who had been a guest here all week and we spent the day with her telling everything I needed to do and try. Unfortunately today was her last day and she flew out to go back to her home in Tennessee tonight. This is a picture of the lodge. We have had a light mist all day so that might be why this picture is a little fuzzy, it was taken through the rain.

This is a little closer look at the lodge. The dining room of the lodge looks out onto a large meadow that I just know I am going to look out and see moose or maybe even a bear wandering through. Apparently there is a mother bear and 3 cubs that have been hanging around the area lately. I would love to see them...in the daylight.


There isn't a fire going right now but this is the patio area with the firepit in the middle to hang out at to keep warm and visit. I am sure there is alot of story telling going on here.




And this cute little cabin is where I am staying. Beside the guest bedrooms in the lodge there are 5 of these little cabins. I get to stay in one of these. I even have my very own front porch where I just might grab a few minutes doing a little bit of the hand stitching I brought along...yes I even brought stitching to Alaska. I loved listening to the light rain all night on the tin roof.



This is little glimpse of the inside of the cabin. Very cute and cozy. Warm comfy flannel sheets on all the beds. It's hard to imagine flannel sheets coming from the 113 degree weather we were having before. Very cute and cozy.


I can't wait to see what is in store for me for me tomorrow. More to come tomorrow.....



1 comment:

  1. Hey you got it to work! I'm so glad, boy is it beautiful up there! Even the rain is beautiful. I do hope you get some blue sky, I can just see the pictures then. What a cute room to stay in too. I'd love to be sitting on that little porch! hope you get to get out and wander around, Alaska is so pretty, I'm not done with it yet! post more photos! is the food wonderful?

    ReplyDelete