Monday, August 1, 2011

Happy 4th of July

I know this is a little late but thought I would go ahead and share what I did for the 4th of July. Our family tradition is to head up north to celebrate the 4th in Heber, AZ. Because of the fire danger this year the 4th was a little different. There weren't going to be any fireworks this year. This hasn't happened in the 9 years we have had our place there. But tradition is tradition so I headed north for the long weekend. I ended up sitting on my porch and watching nature most of the weekend. This is what I was watching....

Right above me were these cute little toddlers. I could tell they looked like they were ready to leave the next but Mama bird kept bring them their food so I think they were a little hesitant to leave. Sure enough before the weekend was over they were gone. Poor Mama bird didn't see it coming I don't think, she just kept bringing the goodies to an empty nest. Sorry Mama, we don't always have control on these children of ours.



Then down a little further down the porch I was watching this cute little humming bird sitting on her nest. I had to keep my distance from here, she wasn't really into someone watching her. The little nest was only about an 1 1/2 inch across. I have some decorative lights along the porch and her nest was actually sitting on the cord. My nephew came by and climbed up and saw in the nest there were 2 little eggs. He said they were a little smaller than a jelly bean. I can't wait to get back up there and see the progress.


I returned in time to celebrate the 4th with these 2 cute boys. They had bought some fireworks to shoot off in their street. This is Connor with his sparkler.


Here is Hunter showing off his firework stash. Unfortunately the wind became to strong, making it unsafe to shoot off all of these. Hunter and Connor will have to safe them for next year.









No comments:

Post a Comment