Sunday, February 13, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentines Day! I hope everyone is having great day. We celebrated Sunday with the whole family here for dinner. Beth did it all, what a wonderful treat for me. She went way over board, the table looked beautiful and her dinner was delicious. She made Lasagna, garlic bread and salad. For dessert she did her specialty...Oreo truffles with a little surprise inside of a tiny peanut butter cup or a carmel turtle and then to top it off she dipped strawberries in chocolate. I will have to post pictures tomorrow of these wonderful goodies.

These blue berry muffins are a tradition that we have here in our family. I started making these for the kids about 15 or 20 years ago. I bought these little disposable tins and have saved them and used them each year. They are looking pretty bad...they are almost antiques after all. I have bought new nice heart shape tins but apparently it's just not the same because the kids complain any time I don't use old original ones. It's even getting hard to tell they are heart shape any more but it is tradition and I am not going to mess with that.

My little grandchildren are not really that thrilled with the muffins, not really their tradition, so this year I made these little valentines. I used my cricut to cut out these shapes to make these toppers and filled the bags with cherry hearts. The kiddos loved them.

I had another little valentine quilt I wanted to show but somehow I deleted it...it will have to wait until tomorrow now along with the other Valentines stuff. Have a great day



No comments:

Post a Comment