Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!

What a busy Halloween weekend we had...busy but fun! We started off by doing our traditional pumpking carving with Aunt, Uncles, Grandparents and cousins. I know you probably think this is more for the little ones but not in our family. We have several "older" kids that are big into tradition and just have to partipate. It is nice tho that they still care and make us mothers feel like it was all worth it to keep our kids close to each other. We were missing a few...Nate, my nephew is in dental school in Colorado and my Matthew is serving a church mission in England. Everyone commented on how much we miss them. This is Carrie below working on her pumpkin with her witches hat on I guess for inspiration...her pumpkin has a witch carved in it.

We know when we start there are always the same two that take forever...I mean really! Below are Carrie's, Katie's (the 2 slow ones) and Beth Ann's finished products, great job guys.



Tonight we went to Brett and Julie's dinner and then out front to hand out our Trick or Treat candy. Brett made us the yummest homemade chicken noodle soup. His is the best. I made rolls and dessert. Here is Hunter in his costume...he is Darth Vader from StarWars. Kind of scary huh?



And then here is Connor with his costume on. I can't remember the names of his character but it was another StarWars person. I have never seen StarWars so I am not good at the names. Mimi, the boy's babysitter, made or revised these costumes for them. Hopefully next year they will be someone else that I know who they are.


The boys went out in their neighborhood to trick or treat and as you can see from the picutre below it was exhausting being so darn cute. Poor guy didn't make it to far. I didn't get to see my other four grandkids but I sure hope they have a fun time trick or treating too.


I hope everyone had a great Holloween...now it is time to start thinking Thanksgiving and Christmas...YIKES! It's that time of year already.





Hope everyone out there had a great Halloween`




2 comments:

  1. what fun, the pumpkins were darling. I think that one big witch was as cute as the little ones !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a success this year! I don't like missing out on these types of activities!! Traditions will last forever as long as Carrie, Matt, and I are around. There is no changing with us!! Miss you guys too!

    ReplyDelete