Sunday, October 3, 2010

FALL has Arrived...I think?

Fall has officially arrive and is such a fun and busy time for our family. School has been in session for a while and football season has come. We have started putting up our fall decorations but with record high temps. outside it doesn't really feel like fall. I am ready for the leaves to change and fall off the trees and cooler weather.

Fall means soccer and this year my little grandson Hunter is playing. It is fun to get up Saturday morning and head to his games. It is so cute to watch these little guys play. Hunter made a goal this weekend...yea Hunter (we won't tell everyone one it was for the other team...who cares, at this age a goal is a goal.) Way to go Hunter!
Of course little brother is always there to support big brother and make sure he gets his half time snack and end of game treat. He has a hard time understanding he can't go out on the field and play too. He loves balls so I am sure he is going to be our little sports guy soon.


We also have a number of birthday in the fall. We start out with Brett...he turned 30 this year. Amazing how he can be 30 and his mother still be 25?? Happy Birthday Brett! He shares his birthday with my friend Terry. She is my much older friend...I believe she is a whole 6 months older than me and I have to really rub it in...until my birthday hits anyway, then I just shut up about it for a while. We will be celebrating that later this week with our group of friends.

To celebrate Bretts birthday we all got together for dinner. I made eggplant and spaghetti. I have been experimenting with eggplant lately and it seems to be getting better every time. I had to show this picture of these cute little kids eating altogether. Reagen has said that she loves our family dinners. Hearing that makes it worth the effort.

I love fall, I love the colors, the fall leaves and soon it will be time to carve the pumpkins and turkey...now we just need to get this darn weather to cooperate.




1 comment:

  1. I love fall too, maybe it's cuz my birthday is then, or is it because then I'm older and wiser than you for a few months !!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete