Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The 1 year mark!

It's hard to believe that Matthew has been out on his mission for just over a year now. Some times it seems like it has gone by fast and some times it seems like it is taking forever (usually that's when I am out doing yard work). Matthew has loved serving in England and loves the people over there. He has been made a trainer of a greenie so they must love him too. I didn't realize but a missionary tradition is to burn one of your white shirts when you hit your year mark. Here he is burning his. Beth said the sister missionaries burn panty hose...I think I would burn those before I left.


This is a picture he took of himself while on his bike, isn't he handsome and I love all the green in the background


This is one of the many catherals that he has been to. There are only parts of this one left but he has sent some pictures of some beautiful old buildings. Some are just loaded with beautiful landscaped grounds with tons of flowers.


And of course boys will be boys...here he and his companion and another elder have made time on the Prep day to go to a car show. He loves the Mini Coopers and says he wants to get one when he gets home. I'm not sure he would even fit in one, he might be to tall. I guess it will be ok because he says it will just be his 2nd vehicle. He still wants a truck to drive too. I think he is dreaming.


I hope he continues to enjoy serving the Lord in England for the next year and they enjoy having him there. I also hope for my sake it goes as fast as the first year has gone. See you soon Snooky! We miss you!

1 comment:

  1. Wow I can't believe it's been a year! What is training a greenie? There is no way Matthew will fit in a mini cooper, I can't picture him in anything but his jeep! I hope his 2nd year goes well, great photo's I hope he sends you MORE!

    ReplyDelete